Android LibGDX Game Development Masterclass
Become a real games programmer. Create Games Using Java with the LibGDX Game Development Framework.
What Will I Learn?
- Create their own games for Android
- Understand LibGDX and how to use it for games development
- Understand and use Entity Component Systems
- Understand Entity Component Systems and work with Ashley LibGDX extension
- Understand how to create reusable components for future game development
- Understand basics of data oriented design
- Understand what are Entities, Components, Systems in game development
- Understand different techniques of game development and find what technique is best for your next game
- Understand how to create professional User Interfaces using Scene2D API
- Understand asset loading and master asset management
- Understand how to create useful utilities which help to debug your game
- Understand how to write clean and maintainable code
- Understand how to use particle effects
- Understand how to deal with common exceptions and errors
- Understand how to check collision between game objects and react on collision
- Understand how to work with frame buffer objects
- Understand how to clean up and refactor code
- A computer running Windows, Mac OS X or Linux
- Basic knowledge of Java
Games developers are in huge demand, with many new and exciting opportunities becoming available to programmers who understand the technology.
Are you looking to become a games programmer, but don’t know where to start?
Maybe you are looking for a really comprehensive course on games development, but cannot decide which course to take.
Maybe you have some skills with LibGDX or another games framework, but want to create Android games.
Whatever the reason, this course will teach you how to become a master games programming, using LIBGDX.
Keep in mind that LIBGDX is cross platform, meaning that you can then move games to other platforms
No previous experience is necessary. Goran Lochert, your course instructor is an expert games developer, who has worked on many games in many frameworks. He is also an official Oracle Java certified developer, and an official contributor to LIBGDX, the games framework used in this course to create games.
His skills and experiences with LibGDX are second to none.
As a result, you are learning from one of, if not the most experienced Java games developer on Udemy, meaning you can be assured that not only will you learn how to create your own games by following along in this course, but you will also learn the right way to create your game code.
The lack of proper programming techniques is one of the main reasons why games do not perform well, or end up really hard to maintain and update. In addition, learning the wrong way to design and create programming code, can actually harm your career, because employers expect games programmer to write professional code, following accepted industry standards. You will learn how to do that in this course.
Included, is well over fifty hours and hundreds of videos, making this one of the most comprehensive courses of it’s type.
Nothing is glossed over. Goran goes into detail with each and every aspect of games development through the course, so that you actually understand how things work, and can then apply this to your own games projects.
Although the emphasis is on Android in this course, because the course uses LibGDX, which is cross-platform, your games can be deployed to many platforms (PC for one).
Learning how to become a games developer, and how to code the right way, can be difficult. By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own games, and know how to structure and code your games, the way professional programmers do.
If you are ready to join the games industry as a games programmer, then it’s time to get busy learning!
Click the button to sign up for the course and get started today.
- Anyone wanting to learn how to write games for Android
Created by Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy, Goran Lochert
Last updated 7/2018
Size: 9.26 GB