Databricks Certified Associate Developer – Apache Spark 2022
A Step by Step Hands-on Guide to prepare for Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark
What you’ll learn
Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark exam details
Setting up Databricks Platform for practice
Selecting, renaming and manipulating columns using Spark Data Frame APIs
Filtering, dropping, sorting, and aggregating rows using Spark Data Frame APIs
Joining, reading, writing and partitioning DataFrames using Spark Data Frame APIs
Working with UDFs and Spark SQL functions using Spark Data Frame APIs
Basic Programming using Python
Decent Laptop with stable internet connection
Valid Databricks Account using AWS or Azure or GCP is highly desired
The Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark is one of the most challenging exams. It’s great at assessing how well you understand not just Data Frame APIs, but also how you make use of them effectively as part of implementing Data Engineering Solutions, which makes Databricks Associate certification incredibly valuable to have and pass. Rest assured, I’ve passed it myself with a score of 90%.
This is going to be a long journey, but passing the Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark exam will be worth it!
This Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark is different from the other ones you’ll find on Udemy. You are the better judge.
- First, we will make sure we have the right environment based on Databricks to practice. If you do not have the environment don’t worry, you will be guided to set up the environment using Azure
- Once the environment is ready you will be guided to upload the material and also data sets for practice
- It covers in-depth all the new topics on the Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark exam
- It’s packed with practical knowledge on how to use Data Frame APIs inside and out as a Data Engineer using Databricks Platform
- It teaches you how to prepare for the Databricks exam AND how to prepare for the real world
- It’s a logical progression of topics, not a laundry list of random services
- It’s fast-paced and precise to the point
- All the material will be made available as a Databricks Archive. Just upload it into your platform and start using it
Concretely, here’s what we’ll learn to pass the Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark exam:
- Setup of Databricks Environment using Azure
- The Databricks CLI and important commands to interact with DBFS. It will be used to quickly set up the data for practice.
- In-Depth Data Frame APIs that are relevant for the exam.
- All Important and Commonly used Data Frame APIs for selecting, renaming, and manipulating columns
- Data Frame APIs for filtering, dropping, sorting, and aggregating rows
- Data Frame APIs for joining, reading, writing, and partitioning DataFrames
- Working with UDFs and Spark SQL Functions
- Apache Spark Architectural Concepts which are very important for the exam
- Adaptive Query Execution which been introduced in recent times.
- Tips and Key Strategies to ROCK the exam
This Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark course is full of opportunities to apply your knowledge:
- There are many hands-on lectures in every section
- There’s a Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark tips and strategies using Mock Test provided by Databricks at the end of the course
- We’ll be using the Databricks single node cluster most of the time. It will cost you some money based on your usage.
- I’ll be showing you how to go beyond the Single Node for some sections (you know… the real world!)
Who this course is for:
- Python Developers or Data Engineers aspiring to get better understanding of Spark Data Frame APIs
- Python Developers or Data Engineers preparing for Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark
- Data Engineers who would like to learn more about using Spark on Databricks Platform
Created by Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju
Last updated 11/2022
Size: 4.31 GB
Google Drive Link
Download Part 1 | Download Part 2 | Download Part 3