Hacking Web Applications and Penetration Testing: Fast Start
Learn main aspects of ethical web hacking, penetration testing and prevent vulnerabilities with this course
What Will I Learn?
- Set up a virtual environment to practice without affecting main systems
Install Kali Linux – a penetration testing Debian distro
Install virtual system which has vulnerable web applications
- Basic terms, standards, services, protocols and technologies
- HTTP protocol, requests and responses
- HTTPS, TLS/SSL
- Intercepting HTTP traffic using a personal proxy
- Gather sensitive information in websites
- Find known vulnerabilities using vulnerability database
- Find known vulnerabilities using search engines
- Google Hack Database (GHDB)
- Discover unpublished directories and files associated with a target website
- Input and output manipulation
- Input and output validation approaches
- Discover and exploit reflected XSS vulnerabilities
- Discover and exploit stored XSS vulnerabilities
- Discover DOM-based XSS vulnerabilities
- Prevent XSS vulnerabilities
- Discover and exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities, and prevent them
- Bypass login mechanisms using SQL injections and login a website without password
- Find more in a database using SQL injection vulnerabilities: databases, tables and sensitive data such as passwords
- Discover & exploit blind SQL injections
- Prevent SQL injections
- Authentication methods and strategies
- Bypass authentication mechanisms
- Find unknown usernames and passwords: brute force & dictionary attacks
- Launch a dictionary attack
- Access unauthorized processes
- Escalate privileges
- Access sensitive data using path traversal attack
- Session management mechanism
- Impersonating victim by session fixation attack
- Discover and exploit CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery)
- You should be familiar with web sites and general technology
- You should have basic computer experience and knowledge
Welcome to the “Ethical Hacking Web Applications and Penetration Testing: Fast Start!” This course is for the beginners, so you don’t need to have a previous knowledge about hacking, penetration testing, or application development. You’ll learn how to “ethically” hack websites from scratch.
Since free tools and platforms are used, you don’t need to buy any tool or application.
You will have the hands-on practices to find out and exploit the most common vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, XSS (Cross Site Scripting) and CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery).
Before starting to learn how to “ethically” hack a website, you’ll learn how to set up a lab environmentand install the needed virtual machines such as Kali Linux and OWASP Broken Web Applications. This will allow you to practice and hack “safely” without affecting your main systems.
Then, you’ll learn the basic terms, standards, technologies and protocols of web applications: HTML, URL, HTTP etc.
When you’re ready to start hacking, you’re going to start with information gathering. In addition, you will learn how to use search engines to find out if there are known-vulnerabilities in the website. While discovering the website, you’ll analyse the configurations to understand if they cause any vulnerability.
Then, you’re going to learn the most important part of hacking web applications: how to manipulate input fields and the outputs produced by the application. You’ll see the most famous and dangerous vulnerabilities including SQL injection and Cross Site Scripting (XSS) in this section.
You will not only learn how to find out the vulnerabilities, but also learn how to exploit and hack those weaknesses. In addition, the methods to prevent hacking of these weaknesses will be taught.
After that, you’re going to learn how to discover authorisation, authentication and session management flaws. You’ll learn how to find usernames and passwords using brute force attacks, how to fix a session, how to escalate a privilege, how to discover and exploit Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) and more.
In this course, you will find the clean and pure information. When preparing the training, we especially avoided unnecessary talk and waiting; we have found these parts for you and gotten them out.
When you finish the course, you’ll understand
- the reasons of vulnerabilities,
- how to find/discover the vulnerabilities,
- how to exploit/hack them, and
- how to prevent them.
IMPORTANT: This course is created for educational purposes and all the information learned should be used when the attacker is authorized.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to hack or harden a website.
- Anyone who is curious about how data is leaked from social media environments
- Anyone who wants to learn how even the most secure web sites are hacked
- Anyone who is afraid of being hacked and would like to secure his/her websites
- People who are willing to make a career in Cyber Security
Created by Muharrem AYDIN
Last updated 4/2018
Size: 942.65 MB