Learn Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrency in Java
Everything you Need to Know About Blockchains, Cryptocurrencies and Other Altcoins (Layer-1 and Layer-2 Scaling)
What you’ll learn
Understand why blockchain technology is important
Understand proof of work (PoW) and proof of stake (PoS)
Understand why cryptocurrencies will change the whole industry
Understand Bitcoin, Ethereum and some of the altcoins
Implement a simple blockchain and cryptocurrency from scratch in Java
Basic Java programming skill is required
Blockchain is a revolutionary technology that allows for decentralized and distributed storage of information. Maybe the hottest topic at the moment in the field of software engineering – besides artificial intelligence and machine learning – is blockchain technology. Many experts in the industry predict that the blockchain will disrupt the ways we interact with technology.
In this course you will learn about the basics of blockchain technology as well as about cryptocurrencies. You can learn about the concrete implementation of these technologies in Java – although you can skip the implementation parts if you wish.
Chapter 1 – Blockchain Theory
- the fundamental basics of blockchain technology
- SHA-256 hashing technique
- centralized and decentralized ledgers
- the concept of mining (and miners)
- consensus algorithms
- proof of work (PoW) and proof of stake (PoS)
- the byzantine generals problem
Chapter 2 – Blockchain Implementation
- implementing a simple blockchain from scratch in Java
Chapter 3 – Cryptocurrency Theory
- motivation behind cryptocurrencies
- Merkle trees and transaction verification algorithms
- mining in cryptocurrencies
- unspent transaction outputs (UTXOs)
- elliptic curve cryptography in cryptocurrencies
- what is a wallet?
- orpahned blocks and the block verification problem
- the 51% attack
- soft fork and hard fork
Chapter 4 – Cryptocurrency Implementation
- implementing a simple cryptocurrency from scratch in Java
Chapter 5 – Altcoins & Cryptocurrency Evolution
- Ethereum, Solidity and the Ether cryptocurrency
- what are ICOs?
- cardano and ADA
- LiteCoin (LTC)
- layer 1 and layer-2 scaling solutions
- sharding and rollups (zk-rollups and zk-snarks)
- coins and tokens
You should take this course, if you are interested in blockchains and cryptocurrency technology. Thanks for joining my course, let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for software engineers who are interested in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology!
Created by Holczer Balazs
Last updated 7/2022
Size: 1.07 GB