Go (Golang) Programming: The Complete Go Bootcamp 2023
Master Go (Golang) from Beginner to Pro. Become a Professional Golang Programmer from Scratch. Learning by doing!
What you’ll learn
Become a professional Go Programmer and get hired.
You will MASTER all the Go key concepts starting from Scratch. No prior Go knowledge is required.
For each Go Key Concept you’ll get an High-Quality Video, a Coding Section, a Quiz, Practice Exercises and Slides.
Build a COMPLETE understanding of Go from the ground. Write idiomatic, bug-free Go code using best practices.
Learn to work with Go control flow structures: if, for, break, continue, switch, goto, labels etc.
Master all the Go data structures in-depth: arrays, slices, strings, maps, structs.
Learn to work efficiently with Pointers.
Learn to work efficiently with Files.
Master the full power of Methods and Interfaces (Go OOP).
Understand Go concurrency in-depth: WaitGroups, Mutexes, Buffered and Unbuffered Channels, Select Statement and Patterns.
Build massively concurrent programs with Goroutines and Channels.
Hundreds of hands-on exercises with solutions and quizzes.
Go Packages and Modules In Depth
A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with an Internet connection. That’s it!
No prior Go programming knowledge is required. You will learn everything from scratch!
PC Skills such as downloading and installing a program, opening a terminal and running basic commands etc
Your time and enthusiasm to learn.
***Fully updated for 2023*** This Go (Golang) Programming course covers every major topic, including Pointers, Methods, and Interfaces (Go OOP), Concurrency In Depth (Goroutines, Channels, Mutexes, WaitGroups), Go Packages and Modules, and many more!
I am constantly updating the course to be the most comprehensive, yet straightforward, Go Programming course on the market!
- Update: November 2022 – Updates to be 2023 ready.
- Update: Summer 2022 – Updates on Go Packages
- Update: November 2021 – Updates to be 2022 ready.
- Closed and Exclusive Discord Community created: July 2021
- Update: Summer 2020 – NEW Section: Go Packages and Modules (2 hours of videos, a complete list of commands, and a Quiz)
- Update: February 2010 – NEW Section: Concurrency in Go (2 hours of videos, coding sections, a Project, and Quizzes)
- Course Launch: October 2019
This course IS NOT like any other Go Programming course you can take online. By the end of this course, you will MASTER all the Golang key concepts starting from scratch and you’ll be among the top Go Programmers.
This Go Programming course is a perfect match for both beginners and experienced developers!
Welcome to this practical Go Programming course for learning Go, the language created to solve “Google-size” problems.
Go (Golang) will be one of the most in-demand programming languages across the job market in the near future! Go is on a trajectory to become the Next Enterprise Programming Language. Cutting-Edge Technologies and Software are already written in Go. For example, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or Ethereum are all written in Go. In addition to Google, Golang is used by Uber, Netflix, Medium, Pinterest, Slack, SoundCloud, Dropbox and many more!
By enrolling in this course now, you make the best investment in your career!
This course, taught by me, a Senior Software Engineer and Professional Trainer, is the only one you need in order to become a complete professional Go Programmer. After this course, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of core and advanced Go.
Why this Go Programming course?
This Go (Golang) course is a unique experience on Udemy. There are many other Go courses you can choose from, but this course is completely different.
For every Go language key concept, you’ll get NOT ONLY a video but also:
1. Tens of quizzes.
2. Practice exercises and challenges with solutions.
3. Coding sections full of examples.
4. Slides with the main points.
5. You’ll have access to my closed and exclusive online group in order to provide you with improved, faster and better support for your course-related questions. I am always available to guide you personally and answer any questions you might have.
Why should you learn from me?
- I’m a Practitioner and an Enthusiast. Welcome to the real world! I have almost 20 years of experience as a Developer and Sysadmin. Since I’ve started with Programming and Networking in the early 2000s, I’ve been using or studying programming almost on a daily basis. I also have a bunch of certifications in the area of Programming or Networking.
- I’m an Educator and I know how to make a Syllabus. I know exactly what is important and what’s just dust in the wind. For the last 10 years, I’ve trained thousands of people in Programming and Networking
- You’ll learn not only Go Programming, but also advanced concepts for real-world projects. After this course, you’ll MASTER all the Golang key concepts.
You’ll have lifetime access and you can return and look for a specific concept anytime you want. And let’s not forget, if you don’t like the course, you are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!
The topics covered in this Complete Go (Golang) Programming Bootcamp are:
- Installing Go, Git, and VSCode on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Compiling and Running Go Programs
- Using Go tools like go fmt to format and write idiomatic Go code
- GOPATH and Go Application Structure
- Go Packages and Modules In Depth
- Publish Modules on GitHub
- Declarations, Variables, Constants, and Comments in Go
- Constant Rules, Typed vs. Untyped Constans, IOTA
- Math, Comparison and Logical Operators
- Go Data Types in Depth, Zero Values, Dynamically vs. Statically Typed Languages
- Converting Types
- fmt Package: Println, Printf, Sprintf, etc
- Named (Defined) Types in Go
- Alias Declarations
- Flow Control: if, simple if statement, for, continue, break, switch, labels, goto
- Scopes in Go
- Strings, Runes, Bytes, and UTF-8 in Go
- strings Package
- Arrays in Go
- Slices in Go
- Maps in Go
- Structs in Go
- User-defined Functions, Variadic and Anonymous Functions, Defer Statement
- Working with Files in Go: os, io, ioutil, bufio packages
- Error Handling
- Pointers In-Depth: Dereferencing and Address of Operators, Passing to Functions and Methods, etc
- Methods (Function Receivers) and Interfaces (Go OOP): Embedded Interfaces, Empty Interface, Type Assertions, and Type Switches, etc
- Concurrency in Go
- Goroutine Synchronization Using WaitGroups
- Data Races, Go Race Detector, and Mutexes
- Goroutines and Channels
- Buffered and Unbuffered Channels
- Channel Select Statement
Every topic includes many live examples in Go, a coding section, tens of quizzes, slides, and many practice exercises.
By the end of this Go Programming Course, you’ll also have acquired the prerequisite Go skills to move into specific branches: Network and Server Programming, Cloud and Infrastructure Programming, and Large-Scale Software Development in general.
I’ll see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with very basic programming experience.
- Programmers switching languages to Go.
- Programmers who know Go basics and want to master Golang.
- This course should not be attended by senior Go programmers.
Created by Andrei Dumitrescu, Crystal Mind Academy
Last updated 3/2023
Size: 6.20 GB
Google Drive Links