Master Riot: Learn Riot.js from Scratch
What you’ll learn
- Create customised Riot implementations specific to the project they are working on.
Understand, in depth, each individual aspect of the Riot API.
Have the know-how to implement Riot in practical ways to build rich, real-world web applications.
- Know how to use Riot both client-side & server-side.
- Implement dynamic HTML5 routing, using the built-in Riot router.
- Have a simple text editor with some syntax highlighting.
- Basic knowledge of HTML is required.
- Pre-installing Node.js would be advantageous, but is not required.
*** UPDATED FOR RIOT V3 ***
Go from zero to mastery in all aspects of Riot, including configuration, client & server-side rendering, routing and more.
- Learn to set up a base Riot configuration according to your project needs
- Understand the entire Riot API in depth
- Configure HTML5 routing and route filtering
- Integrate Riot in more advanced server-side projects
- Be more creative with your code via Riot’s flexible approach
Riot will enable developers to create rich, powerful web applications without the steep learning curve of React or Angular, and also works exceptionally well as a view layer for native mobile & desktop apps, through the use of technologies such as Phonegap and Electron.
Content and Overview
The course starts by looking at the different variations of the Riot library, different compilation options and the basics of Riot’s tag syntax.
The next section, which forms the bulk of the course, takes an in-depth look at each individual aspect of the Riot API, including concepts such as styling, looping and handling user interactions.
After mastering the API, the course will move to using Riot on the server (Node.js) and then teach you how to configure and use the Riot router for creating rich, routable web apps.
The final section of the course is a practical project which will put all the previous lessons’ knowledge to use in a real-world web app.
Completing this course will allow you to start creating practical Riot-based web/mobile apps immediately.
All the lessons are designed to be as concise as possible and the course focuses on learning in a practical way.
- It is also ideal for existing React developers , looking to learn Riot as a leaner, more flexible alternative.
Created by Ray Viljoen
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 468.87 MB