React Query: Server State Management in React
Mastering queries, mutations, integration with auth, testing and more!
What you’ll learn
React Query queries, mutations, and cache control
Using React Query for pagination, infinite scroll, and optimistic updates
Integrating React Query with Authentication
Testing React Query
Experience with React
Familiarity with React Hooks
For the testing portion, basic familiarity with Testing Library syntax
React Query has become the go-to solution for server state management in React apps, and for good reason! This smart, comprehensive solution makes it easy to keep your app up-to-date with data on the server.
In fact, if you are using Redux simply to manage data from the server, React Query can replace Redux in your app. And, for server data management, React Query is much simpler and more powerful than Redux. For example, React Query:
- tracks loading and error states for your server queries (no need to manage that yourself!)
- makes cached server data available for display while you’re fetching updated data
This course starts with a simple app to learn the basics of React Query:
- loading and error states
- React Query dev tools
- pagination and pre-fetching
Then we take a detour with the Star Wars API to learn about Infinite Queries (getting more data just as the user has gotten near the end of the current data).
Finally, we work on a large, multi-component app to learn about the above in more detail, plus
- centralizing loading and error handling
- filtering data
- integrating React Query with auth
- ways to keep data up to date after mutations, including optimistic updates
- testing React Query
Other notable course features:
- pre-written projects to use as a backdrop for React Query, so there’s no time wasted writing code not relevant to the course
- ample opportunities to practice with periodic “code quizzes” to make sure you’re understanding the concepts
- visual models for complicated concepts to help understand all of the moving pieces
- the major project is written in TypeScript
- supportive instructor who loves engaging with students in Q&A
Come see what the hype is about, and improve your apps with simpler, more powerful server state management!
Who this course is for:
- React developers who want to learn an efficient, powerful system for managing server state
Created by Bonnie Schulkin
Last updated 10/2022
Size: 3.11 GB
Google Drive Links
Download Part 1 | Download Part 2
Bro can you share this course with me.
I can not downlaod it. Please help me.
Brother I can not download this course. please help me.