React Testing Library and Jest: The Complete Guide
A complete, all-in-one guide to fully testing your React projects using React Testing Library and Jest.
What you’ll learn
Everything you need to know about testing React Components using React Testing Library and Jest
Understand how to simulate user events and data fetching in a test environment
Verify your components the way your components work – before deploying them!
Get practical, hands-on experience adding tests to a large React project
Explore hidden aspects of testing that aren’t covered in any other testing course
Save time by building your own custom Jest matchers
Focus on learning why best practices exist – and when to break them!
No testing experience is needed!
Congratulations! You’ve found the most popular, most complete, and most up-to-date resource online for learning how to test React apps with React Testing Library and Jest!
Thousands of other engineers have learned how to test, and you can too. This course uses a time-tested, battle-proven method to make sure you understand exactly how testing works, and will get you a new job working as a software engineer or help you build that app you’ve always been dreaming about.
The difference between this course and all the others: you will understand the design patterns used by top companies to test the largest React apps around.
Testing is used to verify your code works as expected. This provides a set of unique benefits to any frontend:
- Author smaller, easier to understand codebases
- Deploy your code with confidence that it will behave correctly
- Test each portion of your app separately – limit the chance of interrupting your users
- Allow each of your engineering teams to work independently
- Change your codebase without worrying about breaking an existing feature
Testing is a popular topic, but there is a lot of misinformation online. This course has been developed with input from top engineers to ensure total technical accuracy.
What will you build?
This course focuses on testing components in a variety of different environments. You will begin by writing tests for a small mini-project, just to get some quick initial experience. From there, you’ll learn about React Testing Library and all of its functionality by building a series of interactive cheatsheets. You can use these cheatsheets as a future reference to easily remember the intricacies of testing. Finally, you’ll add tests to a rather large React app, complete with authentication, data fetching, and navigation.
Here’s a partial list of some of the topics you’ll cover:
- Customize your test environment by writing custom Jest matchers
- Learn how to debug your tests by fixing many bugs
- Run tests faster by implementing a fake data-fetching process
- Understand best practices by working on a large React project
- See an exhaustive list of all the functionality packed into React Testing Library
- Enhance your element-selecting powers by using the ARIA Role system
- Get experience testing authentication and routing
- Write more efficient tests by learning dozens of testing shortcuts
- Finally understand the most mysterious function in React – the ‘act’ function!
- Learn multiple ways of handling third-party libraries in a test environment
- Use Jest to ‘mock’ functions and libraries
I spent the early years of my software engineering career writing tests non-stop. Every single day, I practiced Test Driven Development to write thousands of lines of code while being mentored by top industry engineers. Let me share this knowledge with you. Testing is one of the topics I am most passionate about, and I want you to get as excited as I am. Sign up today and join me!
Who this course is for:
- Software engineers looking to better understand the world of testing
Created by Stephen Grider
Last updated 3/2023
Size: 2.58 GB
Google Drive Links
Download Part 1 | Download Part 2