Tradingview Pine Script Strategies: The Complete Guide
Become A Better Trader By Backtesting And Fowardtesting Indicators & Strategies In Tradingview With Pine Script
What you’ll learn
Learn Different Ways to Evaluate The Effectiveness Of a Trading Strategy With Code
Rapidly Backtest Strategies And Indicators In Pine script
Forwardtest Strategies And Indicators In Pinescript
Improve Trading With Informed Decision Making
Pine Script V4
General Understanding Of Trading
General Knowledge Of Pinescript Language
Is this course for me?
- If you want to become a better trader, then this course is for you.
- If you want to backtest anything on Tradingview, then this course is for you.
- If you want to forwardtest anything on Tradingview, then this course is for you.
- If you want to turn your trading logic into an automated strategy, then this course is for you.
- If you’ve purchased an indicator for its signals, but are having second doubts about those signals and wish you could test them, then this course is for you.
- If you want a comprehensive understanding of how backtesting and forwardtesting works on Tradingview, then this course is for you.
- If you are short on time and need a guide on building strategies in Pinescript, then this course is for you.
What skills will I learn in this course?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Build strategies in Pine Script by using your own trading logic, or by modifying existing scripts.
- Backtest strategies the right way.
- Forwardtest strategies the right way.
- Convert Indicators to strategies.
- Backtest Indicators — Yes I will show you how to backtest an indicator!
- Track and Improve the performance of your trading strategy by understanding key metrics.
- Remove uncertainty with data & gain greater confidence in your trading.
- Automate trading logic.
How will I learn?
You will experience Pinescript from the eyes of a seasoned Programmer and Trader cultivated from years of passionate improvement.
Throughout the course:
- I will guide you from basic to advanced concepts.
- I will use spaced repetition, an evidence-based learning technique, to drill important concepts into your mind so you won’t forget.
- You will be shown several different ways to accomplish one thing, making sure you understand the differences between each approach while highlighting which approach you should use.
- You will fortify theory and knowledge with hands-on practice, by doing code alongs in the Pine Editor on Tradingview.
- You will convert real trading rules to indicators, and indicators to strategies to analyze their real performance.
Is this course worth my time and money?
Because this is a highly subjective question relating to personal experience, conditions, knowledge, mental characteristics, and states; the answer depends on the person taking this course a.k.a. YOU.
With that in mind let me offer some objectives for your perceptions.
- There are around 5 hours of content jam-packed into this course. Now length doesn’t exactly equate to quality, but I spent a considerable amount of time, scripting and editing course content so you don’t have to listen to me ramble, stutter, mumble and meander off-topic. I stay on track and include references to other sources if you need further explaining. And, if your short on time, you can always listen to the course on x2 speed, then it’s only 2.5 hours long! 😛
- This might be subjective, but I am almost positive it is the most comprehensive course available today covering Pinescript Strategies. You will not find anything better and I am not saying that because I am naturally biased, but I say that because I looked.
- I’ve spent almost 5 years learning what I know now. I’ve consolidated and condensed that knowledge into this course, so you can be confident you are learning the right things the right way. By doing this, I am saving you time so you don’t have to do 10,000 google searches piecing together outdated blog posts, youtube tutorials, and difficult documentation. Put simply, you can learn all this stuff on your own and it will take you a while. Or you could take my course and I can teach you everything in 4.5 hours
- People are selling indicator subscriptions on TV for anywhere between $50 and $200 a month, I can’t speak for the quality of these, but after taking this course you will be able to identify if they are worth the cost. Saving you from additional subscription costs and/or time on bad signals before you realize they are bad signals.
- Before I knew how to code, I would backtest my trading logic by HAND. Knowing how to use Pine Script will save you lots of time.
- Finally, you can always get your money back if you’re not satisfied!
What will each section cover?
I’ve designed the course in a way so that you can view the course from beginning to end, or you can jump around to just the stuff you need! This way after finishing the course, you can use it as a reference guide for when you are building your own strategies.
Here is an overview of each section with descriptions.
- Quickstart – The purpose of this section is to introduce the student to core concepts and get them up and running quickly with the proper mindset.
- Analyzing Strategy Results – No strategy is worth building if you can’t examine and understand the backtesting and forwardtesting results. This section walks you through the key performance metrics in the strategy tester tab.
- Basic Order Types – Don’t be fooled by the section title. This section is dense and fundamental. We start off by reviewing trading order types and then taking a birds-eye view of all the important strategy functions Pine Script makes available to execute those orders types. We’ll convert an RSI indicator to a strategy, and then use that strategy with every different order type, in various ways, so we can get a good fundamental understanding of how things work. You will learn about market orders, limit orders, stop orders, entries, exits, multiple entries, pyramiding, date filtering, and visualization techniques.
- Advanced Order Types – This section builds on the last. You will learn how to place take profits, stop losses, stop-limits, OCO’s, trailing stops, and more advanced visualization techniques for viewing these orders on your charts.
- Understanding the broker emulator – A crucial step in becoming a master of Pinescript strategies. I’ve broken down the complex broker emulator in a simple way anyone can understand. I can’t tell you how many people think Pine Script is broken or crappy because they just don’t understand the broker emulator. This section is designed for the go-getters who want to separate themselves from a novice to a professional.
- Practical Examples – Take everything we’ve learned and put it into action. I take real-world trading logic and put it to the test. This section explores practical applications, converting trading logic into code, and then into strategies. We experiment with a bunch of different strategies, including one of my own (The only one that works.). I code everything up live, so you get to see me make mistakes and debug the code. (Don’t worry I edited the process, so we skip the parts where I stare at the screen and murmur expletive undertones).
What you get with the course:
- Over 34 On-Demand Video Lessons
- 4.5 Hours Of Jam-packed Content
- 5 Strategies To Build On With Code
- 11 Downloadable Resources, including all the code I use
- 30-day money-back Guarantee
- Instructor feedback — Yes I care about my students and want you to be successful
- Exclusive Group access & extra resources for extended learning beyond course materials
- Quizzes & Activities
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion at the End
Who this course is for:
- Beginner To Advanced Pine Script Developers Looking To Develop Strategies.
- Traders Looking For An Easy Way To Backtest Strategies And Make Better Informed Decisions.
- Financial Quantitative Analysts Looking For A Rapid Prototyping Framework Dedicated To Time-Series With Batteries Included.
- Algorithmic Traders That Don’t Want To Waste Time Becoming Full-Stack Engineers Just To Test A Strategy
Created by Paul D. Mendes
Last updated 5/2022
Size: 3.28 GB