Web Components & Stencil.js – Build Custom HTML Elements
A Complete Introduction to building Custom HTML Elements/ Web Components with and without StencilJS
What you’ll learn
- Build your own re-usable HTML elements that you can use in your own projects or share with other developers
Let’s face it: You got thousands of HTML tags to choose from but some really helpful ones (<tabs>, <side-drawer>, <modal>, …) are missing.
What if you could build your own HTML tags?
Web Components are a combination of various specifications that are baked into the browser. Getting started with these features is a breeze and you’ll quickly be able to build your own powerful and re-usable (even across projects!) custom HTML elements.
Such custom elements don’t replace Angular, React or Vue though – instead you can easily use them in ANY web project, including projects using such frameworks and libraries.
In this course, you’ll learn this from scratch.
But we won’t stop there. Whilst getting started is fairly easy, more complex components will be more difficult to create. Stencil.js is a tool that makes the creation of such native web components much easier by using modern features like TypeScript and JSX (don’t know that? No worries, you’ll learn it in the course!).
In detail, in this course you will learn:
- how to build re-usable, lightweight custom HTML elements with native browser features
- how to build web components of all complexities – from a simple tooltip to modals or side drawers
- how to pass data into your own web components and use it there
- how to use the Shadow DOM to scope your CSS styles to your custom elements
- how to use Stencil.js to get a much easier development workflow
- how to use the many features Stencil.js provides to build native web components way more efficiently
- NO TypeScript or JSX knowledge is required
Let’s dive into this exciting technology together!
- Everyone who’s interested in building custom HTML tags!
- Students who want to dive into a future-proof web technology that can be used in any web app
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Last updated 11/2019
Size: 3.99 GB
Lovely, Thank you so much…