Svelte.js & Firebase: Pokedex edition
Build step by step a web application with SvelteJS & Firebase
What you’ll learn
- SvelteJS basics with no knowledge
- Advanced techniques & core concepts of Svelte
- Firebase setup from scratch
- Firebase Auth with Google, store/get data with Firestore & Database
- Routing, route guards & redirect with Routify
- Webdesign with Tailwindcss
What is Svelte?
Why to use Svelte.js?
Svelte/Firebase, a good mix?
As you may already know, Firebase offers you the opportunity to create an app serverless. It means that you don’t need to code any back-end at all. Moreover, this is for free! How amazing is that? Combined with Svelte makes this course even more interesting for those who want to create a front-end app.
What is our program?
In this course, I’ll teach you how to handle Svelte and Firebase by coding a Pokedex! Why? Because it provides to us an already-made database (I’ll provide you a JSON to use during the course) that we’ll inject inside our Front-End application directly from Firebase.
Concerning Svelte, you’ll learn:
- Svelte mechanic, logic & lifecycles,
- Adding data,
- Dynamic attributes,
- Conditions, key, DOM events…
- Nested components,
- Components & views relationships,
- Assignments, declarations, statements,
- Updating values,
- Declaring props,
- Manage stores…
But not only. I’ll use my senior skills to show you how to architecture a Front-End application properly. In details, this is our roadmap:
- Svelte install & configuration,
- Routing with Routify,
- Firebase project configuration,
- FireAuth, FireStore & FireDatabase initialization,
- Authentication, routes guards & sessions,
- API interface design,
- Views & components logic in Svelte,
- CSS Design with Tailwindcss,
- Autocomplete for pokemons,
- Listing pokemons,
- Store favorites pokemons…
This is a complete program and all of this in less than 2 hours.
Svelte is a radical new approach to building user interfaces […] As we all know the popularity of Svelte is at the moment way lower than other JS frameworks/libraries like React.js or Vue.js, but that is no reason for Svelte to lose the game.
Svelte. What is your opinion about the lightweight JS framework? by Dennis Frijlink
So if you are ready, join this course!
Who this course is for:
Created by Guillaume Duhan
Last updated 4/2021
Size: 1.47 GB