The Advanced Real Estate Pro Forma Modeling Master Class
The Complete Guide To Creating An Institutional-Quality Commercial Real Estate Pro Forma Model From Scratch In Excel
What you’ll learn
Learn how to build dynamic, institutional-grade commercial real estate pro forma investment models from scratch for office, industrial, and retail properties
Learn how to model commercial lease structures and reimbursements all in Excel (without expensive software)
Learn how to create institutional, professionally formatted commercial real estate pro forma models to present to investors and partners
Access to Microsoft Excel for Mac or PC, Mac Numbers, or Google Sheets
A basic understanding of real estate finance and financial modeling is recommended
Want to learn how to build professional, dynamic, institutional-quality commercial real estate pro forma models from scratch for office, retail, and industrial properties in Microsoft Excel?
This course will take you by the hand and walk you step-by-step through the entire process of building a complete, dynamic, eight-tab commercial real estate pro forma model, starting with a blank Excel workbook ending with a complete commercial real estate pro forma acquisition model that YOU’VE created, from scratch.
When I was first learning real estate financial modeling, I would download real estate investment models or real estate investment calculators on the internet, only to feel overwhelmed and frustrated by the complex functions and formulas everywhere in the Excel file. And once I felt like I was getting used to one of these things, I still was petrified to touch or change anything because I didn’t want to “break” the model. And honestly, even if I understood it and I believed the model was working correctly, I still had no idea if I could even trust the calculations in the first place.
If you’ve ever felt any of these things, this course will pull back the curtain and uncover the “Black Box” that most real estate financial models appear to be. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to build a dynamic, professional-quality commercial real estate pro forma model from scratch, and by the time you finish the last lecture, you’ll have an institutional-quality model that you’ve built from start to finish.
This course will teach you how to build a commercial real estate pro forma investment model the way the largest and most sophisticated private equity real estate firms look at deals. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build an institutional-quality, dynamic commercial real estate pro forma investment model for office, retail, and industrial properties from scratch (without expensive software)
- Model advanced real estate financing structures like mezzanine debt, future funding for renovation projects, prepayment penalties, dynamic loan sizing based on multiple constraints, and more
- Create a dynamic sources and uses table, so you’ll know exactly how much you’ll need to fund a deal up-front
- Build dynamic working capital accounts to automatically fund operating shortfalls to prevent unexpected equity capital calls to investors
- Model complex commercial real estate lease structures in Excel including NNN, FSG, MG, and BYS reimbursement structures, custom rent escalation schedules, percentage rent, and more
- Create dynamic re-leasing scenarios based on renewal probability and re-leasing assumptions to create future lease cash flows automatically
- Model investor distributions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and be able to switch between the three options quickly and easily
- Create custom charts and graphs that automatically populate in your model, that you can use to present more clearly and professionally to investors, lenders, and partners
- Build formula “checks” to error-proof your work and feel confident in your calculations
This course is perfect for you if:
- You’re a college student or graduate student looking to break into real estate investment after graduation, and you’re looking to add the key technical skill sets to your arsenal that will put you head and shoulders above the competition and allow you to land a lucrative career opportunity in the field
- You’re an existing real estate professional looking to advance your career, increase your compensation, and break into the real estate investment industry
- You’ve have a basic understanding of real estate finance and you’re looking to take your real estate financial modeling skill set to an expert level to land a better job, make more money, and/or more confidently model and analyze your own real estate deals
Here’s what our students have had to say:
★★★★★ “This course really has it all. I model deals for experienced private equity real estate investors, and the principals I work for had never used a proforma as dynamic, versatile, and visually appealing as this model. If you need to analyze a commercial deal you should absolutely take the time to work through this course. Thanks, Justin! Already looking forward to the next course.”
★★★★★ “Best class I’ve taken, truly builds a phenomenal model with institutional quality complexity. Take this class!”
★★★★★ “Amazing, above expectations!”
If you have a foundational understanding of real estate finance and you’re looking to apply that knowledge to analyze commercial real estate investment opportunities, enroll now and let’s get started building this model together today.
Looking forward to having you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Real estate investors and professionals who want to learn how to create dynamic, institutional-quality commercial real estate pro forma models from scratch for office, industrial, and retail properties
- Current real estate professional who want to become an expert in real estate financial modeling to advance their career and make more money
- Aspiring commercial real estate investment professionals who want to begin a lucrative career in commercial real estate investing
Created by Justin Kivel
Last updated 7/2023
Size: 8.11 GB
Google Drive Links