[ZeroToMastery] Power BI Bootcamp Zero to Mastery
This Power BI Bootcamp will take you from absolute beginner in Power BI to being able to get hired as a confident and effective Business Intelligence Analyst. You’ll learn the full Power BI suite of tools, the M programming language, and the DAX formula language, all while analyzing real-world datasets and building enterprise-level projects.
We guarantee you that this is the best and most up-to-date Power BI Bootcamp or course that you can find. You’ll not only learn Power BI basics and fundamentals that most courses cover. You’ll also learn advanced topics, tools, and tricks to turn you into a top 10% Business Intelligence Analyst!
What you’ll learn
- Become a top 10% Business Intelligence Analyst to enhance your skill set and career opportunities
- Analyze real-world datasets on fun subjects including Bigfoot and UFO sightings
- Build both guided and independent Power BI projects so that you can put your Power BI skills into practice and deeply understand the material
- Learn Power Query’s built-in graphical tools to fetch data from a variety of external sources, clean and transform it, and load it into Power BI
- Master the art and science of Power BI Data Modeling
- Leverage the M programming language to apply and edit advanced transformations that go beyond the functionality built into the Power Query interface
- How to create and customize Power BI’s most useful visualizations
- How to determine which visualizations are most appropriate for a given data analysis problem
- Construct a Data Model consisting of multiple distinct datasets, by identifying and establishing appropriate relationships between these datasets
- Create sophisticated metrics (KPIs) with the Power BI DAX programming language
- Make DAX code more readable and maintainable using whitespace, comments, and variables, plus using measure tables to organize your measures
Learn why Power BI is the premier analysis & visualization tool
What is Power BI and why learn it?
Business Intelligence, commonly referred to as “BI”, is one of the fastest growing and most in-demand fields in technology.
BI is a broad term that encompasses data mining, data analysis, performance benchmarking using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and descriptive analytics.
Power BI is the industry-leading complete Business Intelligence solution (“BI in a box”) from Microsoft. It’s the go-to tool used in the real world.
Why? Because it combines capabilities for:
- Fetching and transforming data from a wide variety of sources, everything from text files to spreadsheets to relational databases
- Modeling that data by forming relationships between different data sources
- Creating powerful calculations and KPIs using Power BI DAX (Data Analysis Expressions), the built-in formula language
- Translating those KPIs into actionable intelligence using a wide range of fancy visualizations
- Power BI’s components and their functionality, by design, align with a typical BI workflow
And its extensive suite of tools, including Power BI reports, visualizations and dashboards, can translate the results of any data analysis into visually compelling and meaningful presentations that will blow your audience away.
I’m intrigued… So why this Power BI Bootcamp?
There are many reasons but we’ll stick to 3 key reasons.
First… we’re guessing you’re a busy person who values your time? (If not, what planet do you come from…)
If that does sound like you then you’re in the right place because this bootcamp course is focused on efficiency (followed closely by having fun). We teach you everything you need to know and don’t waste your time on things you don’t.
The result? You never have to waste your time on confusing, out-of-date, incomplete Power BI tutorials ever again.
Instead, you’ll learn everything from the Power BI fundamentals and best practices to using the most advanced features Power BI has to offer like:
- Advanced Power Query
- Power BI Dashboards for visualization
- The DAX programming language
- … and more…
All in one course.
Second… Learning alone can be hard. We’ve been in your shoes. Thankfully, you don’t have to learn alone.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn Power BI alongside thousands of students who are in your shoes while be supported by ZTM alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Third… You’ll be learning from someone who has actually “walked the walk”.
Your instructor Travis is an industry expert that has actual real-world experience using Power BI and working as a Data Solutions Engineer on massive datasets for some of the largest companies.
Still with us? Then buckle up because here is everything you’ll learn in this Power BI Bootcamp to take you from Zero to Mastery:
The curriculum is presented in basic building blocks so that you can build your knowledge step-by-step.
No matter what your level, it’s key to make sure you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals. So we cover those first.
But once you have those down, the fun really begins as we quickly ramp up to actually using the skills you’re learning and covering advanced topics most courses don’t cover.
Here’s a section by section breakdown:
1. POWER BI 101
Whether you’re an experienced Analyst or a complete beginner, you’ll be provided with a strong foundation of Business Intelligence skills including Power BI basics and best practices.
But the most important part of learning is doing. That’s why we get you using your new skills in this very first section where you’ll start building two dashboards using real-world datasets.
- [Guided] a Power BI dashboard visualizing Bigfoot sightings in the US (this is serious business) which we’ll tackle together
- [Independent] a Power BI dashboard visualizing UFO sightings (the conspiracy theory theme is purely coincidence) which you’ll continue to evolve throughout the course
You’ll learn to fetch and transform data with Power Query, crunch out basic metrics and KPIs, and create visualizations to analyze the performance of those metrics and KPIs.
We’ll keep diving deeper into these topics throughout the course. But after completing just this one section, you’ll already know enough to be dangerous with Power BI (aka… you could start using it in your day-to-day).
2. VISUALIZING DATA WITH POWER BI
Next you’ll learn about (and start using) the most useful Power BI visualizations, as you continue to work through and expand on both the Bigfoot sightings project and UFO sightings project.
You’ll not only learn how to create and configure these visualizations in Power BI, but also when certain visualizations are more appropriate than others and why.
Understanding the why is probably the most important piece of information this course will teach you!
3. ADVANCED POWER QUERY IN POWER BI
While the basics of Power Query are covered in Power BI 101, this section will cover techniques for exploratory data analysis.
You’ll also start learning the M programming language that underlies all Power Query transformations.
You’ll even learn to create and edit advanced transformations which are beyond the scope of what can be accomplished with Power Query’s built-in graphical tools.
This section is where you’ll start working on our two enterprise-level course projects:
- [Guided] A Business Intelligence solution for a restaurant chain
- [Independent] A Business Intelligence solution for a meal kit delivery service
These are the type of projects that will give you the confidence to become a top 10% Power BI user and make your portfolio stand out if you’re looking to apply for BI Analyst roles.
4. POWER BI DATA MODELING
Data modeling in Power BI allows you to define relationships between separate data sources so that they can be combined in the same visualizations.
You’ll learn both theory and best practices for modeling these relationships, while also working through the practical implementation of a working data model in Power BI.
You’ll have the opportunity to work through one complete data model as you follow along with the course lectures, and another as you continue with your second independent course project.
5. ANALYZING DATA WITH DAX PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN POWER BI
This is where you’ll learn perhaps the most powerful component of Power BI: the DAX programming language (also known as the DAX formula language).
What is DAX in Power BI? Dare we describe it as spreadsheet formulas on steroids.
You’ll start by creating derived columns in your data model based on complex logic, and then progress to defining portable metrics/KPIs that can be incorporated into visualizations.
Throughout the section, you’ll learn the important foundational concepts necessary to really understand how these measures are being calculated in your visualizations. That way you’re always able to interpret and explain the numbers you present.
Travis (your instructor) tells us that the DAX language is his personal favorite skill you’ll learn in this course.
It provides practically unlimited options for defining sophisticated metrics and KPIs, which can then be smoothly incorporated into visualizations.
6. ADVANCED DAX PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN POWER BI
We’re putting our money where our mouth is. We believe DAX is so important and powerful that we included this section to make sure you become a DAX master.
You’ll explore advanced applications of the DAX programming language, including:
- Time intelligence (for example, period-over-period comparisons, rolling averages, etc.)
- Calculating rankings or top-N calculations within visualizations
- Refactoring and optimizing your DAX code with more traditional programming techniques like comments and variables
You aren’t going to find these advanced topics in most Power BI courses.
7. ADVANCED DATA VISUALIZATIONS & POWER BI DASHBOARDS
This is where everything comes together.
You’ll get to combine all of the previous concepts you’ve learned, along with some new, advanced techniques, by creating a dynamic, user-driven dashboard.
A Power BI dashboard is one of the most powerful and persuasive tools available to you. Use these powers wisely!
You’ll learn dashboard visualizations such as Gauges and KPI Cards as well as methods for giving users control over what they see on the report like:
- What-if parameters
- Drill-through functionality
- Widgets for selecting which metric is displayed in a visualization
What’s the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just watch along so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial… No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Business Intelligence and turn you into a confident Business Intelligence Analyst using Power BI 💪.
How do we know?
Because we’ve helped thousands of students gain the skills they needed to get hired at companies like Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top companies.
They come from all different backgrounds, ages, and experiences. Many even started as complete beginners.
We strongly believe there’s no reason it can’t be you too.
And you have nothing to lose. Because you can start learning right now and if this course and the Zero To Mastery learning experience isn’t everything you expected, we’ll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
Taught by: Travis Cuzick
Last updated: June 2023
Size: 3.03 GB
Google Drive Links