[ZeroToMastery] The Complete Career Toolkit: Personal Branding, Resume Building + more
Creating a strong personal brand can be a powerful tool for career success. It’s how you set yourself apart from everyone else. This course will help you build your personal brand, professional resume, cover letter, portfolio website, and case study to go with it so that you STAND OUT for the better. We’ll even help you navigate the interview process. This truly is… The Complete Career Toolkit.
Let’s get serious about your reaching your career goals. Learn about the design and psychology behind personal branding, resumes, cover letters, portfolio websites, and more. The best part? You’ll build your own version of all these step-by-step with templates and the latest tools! You’ll even learn about different interview styles (behavioral, technical, app critique, past work) and how to ace each from an industry pro.
What you’ll learn
- Create a personal brand and logo that will help you stand out in your industry
- Step-by-step guide to crafting an effective application package, including resume and cover letter
- Learn to use tools like Canva, Figma, Super and Notion
- Create a case study that exemplifies your experience and value proposition to potential employers
- Learn alongside an industry pro with over a decade of experience who has taken his deep knowledge from all corners of the tech world and combined it into this course
- Understand the different types of tech interviews and how best to prepare
- Quickly build a professional portfolio website using no-code tools
- Give yourself the best shot at landing your dream career
Are you tired of sending out countless resumes and cover letters, only to be met with silence?
Some people think they can just learn a skill and jobs will fall into their lap.
That’s not how it works.
We’ve taught over 1 million students and this is the thing we’ve seen the most students struggle with. No matter how much you’ve learned you still have to “play the game” to get hired.
And to do that, you have to stand out from the crowd.
Standing out is all about building your personal brand…from how you present your skills on your resume, to how your portfolio looks, to how you answer interview questions and interact with everyone you meet.
In this comprehensive course you’ll use the latest best practices and tools to curate a personal brand and build a professional application package that sets you up for success.
Create an outstanding resume, a compelling cover letter, and an eye-catching portfolio website, as well as mastering various interview styles. You’ll even delve deep into personal branding and how to make a lasting impression in your industry.
No matter what stage of your career journey you’re on, a strong professional presence is important for all your career pursuits.
As a bonus, we provide all course materials, premium templates, and assets for you to keep and use in your future endeavors!
And you’ll be learning in good company.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom where you’ll be learning and designing alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will be learning from (and with) Daniel, an industry pro with over a decade of experience in UI/UX design, product strategy, and agile design methodologies.
Daniel has taken his deep knowledge from all corners of the tech world and combined it into this course which will guide you in creating one of the most professional, engaging, and unique application packages out there.
Here is what the course covers
1. PERSONAL BRANDING – This is fundamentally a personal branding course. Why? Because you already have a personal brand, whether you realize it or not. To succeed you need to carefully and deliberately craft your personal brand.
Learn about what a personal brand is, why it’s important to your success, and determine your value proposition. Walk through other successful personal brands before diving straight in by creating your own logo using Canva AI.
Before the end of this section you’ll really start getting your hands dirty by building you very own personal brand.
2. RESUMES – You know how your first impression is a lasting one? Well an engaging, informative resume is how you make a great first impression. Your resume is vital for getting you through the initial hurdle and onto the next step, and it needs to be perfect.
No experience? No problem. You’ll learn how to highlight your qualities so that you can make it to the next stage of the process even if you lack the necessary experience.
3. COVER LETTERS – You already know all about cover letters, right? Wrong. Your cover letter is a surprisingly complex and important document. It needs to convey a ton of information quickly but in an engaging, straightforward manner. It’s an art. But it’s an art that you can learn and perfect.
The best part? You’re not just going to learn, you’re going to do. In this course you’ll build your own professional resume and cover letter step-by-step from scratch along the way.
4. SHOWCASE YOUR WORK & CASE STUDIES – Learn about what makes a good candidate stand out from the rest, how to overcome a lack of experience, and even create a case study that demonstrates your value in a unique, professional, and engaging way.
5. BUILD YOUR PORTFOLIO WEBSITE – A professional portfolio website will really help you stand out from the pack, no matter what field you’re in. This section will teach you to build a stunning portfolio website using tools like Figma, Notion, and Super.
No coding experience? Have no fear! This section will teach you how to build your own portfolio website even if you don’t know anything about coding.
6. ACE THE INTERVIEW – So you’ve nailed the application package and landed the interview…great! But the goal here is to land your dream job, not just make it to the interview.
This course will help prepare you for the interview by teaching you all about different interview styles and how best to prepare for them, including:
- Behavioral interviews
- Technical interviews
- App critique interviews
- Past work interviews
What’s the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just watch a bunch of tutorial videos.
This course will push you and challenge you to take your application package and personal brand to the next level so that you can achieve your career goals 💪.
How do we know?
Because thousands of Zero To Mastery graduates have gotten hired and are now working at companies like Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies.
They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world.
And they come from all different backgrounds, ages, and experiences. Many even started as complete beginners.
So there’s no reason it can’t be you too.
You have nothing to lose. Because you can start learning right now and if this course isn’t everything you expected, we’ll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
Taught by: Daniel Schifano
Last updated: May 2023
Size: 1.50 GB
Google Drive Links